Get paid for real-world event and operations experience working at the SAC!
To be eligible for student employment with the Student Activity Center and Venue Management (SACVM), you must be a UNC Charlotte student currently enrolled in classes. Students may work during the Summer sessions if enrolled for the Fall.
For additional information, contact Millie Llanes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required skills for all positions:
- Excellent communication and verbal skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude
We accept applications year-round for:
- Greet patrons and visitors in a friendly manner
- Verify patron's status as a member, guest, or visitor of the facility, and take appropriate action
- Equipment issue procedures, including inventory and damage assessment
- Learn and maintain knowledge of all applicable facility policies
- May work Event Staff shifts when available
- Assist the Building Manager as directed
- Provide assistance to staff, clients, and patrons of the facility
- Greet patrons as they enter the facility
- Accurate tearing and collection of the tickets and counting of the stubs for a "drop count"
- Ensure smooth and quick passage of the facility patrons into the facility
- Give directions to patron amenities
- Notify the University supervisor of any safety and/or maintenance or janitorial problems needing Student Activity Center and Venue Management staff attention
- Visually screen facility patrons for items ( i.e., cameras, food, contraband) not permitted in the facility and to instruct the patron in a helpful manner as to what they may do with their items
- Be familiar with emergency evacuation procedures and assist patrons should evacuation become necessary
- Setup and breakdown of audio/visual equipment including sound, lighting and presentation support products
- Programming of audio/visual equipment including sound, lighting, and presentation support products
- Operation of audio/visual equipment including sound, lighting, and presentation support products
- Ensure customer satisfaction in regards to all technical support and issues during events
- If you are interested in Tech employment, click here to submit your information.